As the year rapidly draws to a close, the astute marketer is taking time to plan ahead. Crafting your content marketing calendar for your blog, email marketing and social media channels for the year ahead will save you time, energy and money if you do it correctly. Consider these important questions as you formulate your plan:
- What are your goals? Setting goals from the start clarifies your intention for your team.
- What do you enjoy writing about? If you enjoy writing it, your readers will enjoy reading it. Which brings us to…
- Who is your audience or ideal client? Remember to keep this person or demographic top of mind at all times – after all, it’s all about them, not you.
- Where will you be posting this content? Depending on whether you post to your blog, social media, email newsletter, or some combination of the three, your tone and format will need to change accordingly.
- How often can you realistically post? We strongly believe in quality over quantity. Plan a small number of well-written posts that resonate strongly with your audience rather than a large number of inconsistent messages that may turn away potential clients.
- How will your team communicate and execute? Whether it’s a scheduling dashboard like HootSuite or Sprout Social, a team communication tool like BaseCamp, Asana or Slack, or a combination of tools, find something that is easy for your organization to use.
Still need some support crafting your content marketing calendar for 2016? Contact us today and we’ll be happy to walk you through the process to set your year up for success.