Strategic Marketing Planning
Strategic marketing planning is at the core of every sound and successful marketing program. It is the long term, top down view of what a company or organization needs to do to reach its business goals. The top-down process of developing a strategic marketing plan helps ensure that all tactical marketing programs support the company's goals and objectives, as well as convey a consistent message to customers.
Working collaboratively with key business executives, we help perform a comprehensive review of markets and opportunities, then make long-term strategic decisions, looking at the company from the customer's point of view by asking questions that have a long term impact such as:
- What customer needs or problems can be solved by our company's products or services?
- How can we help enable or improve our customer's personal or business life?
- Which customer market segments can benefit from our products or services and therefore require our focus?
- What customer motivations or values lead people to decide to purchase our products or services?
- Are there changes or trends impacting our customer base which influences their interest or attraction to products or services like ours?
Brandmark’s initial assesssment considers the geographic, demographic, behavioral and psychographic nature of your company's audience segments; evaluates revenue, market and profitability potential; and develops a market strategy for each segment. Our comprehensive situation analysis considers market characteristics and competitive environment as well as key legal, social and technological influences. Then, we help you determine objectives and attain management buy-in. The marketing strategies, which define what your company should do to achieve the objectives, are developed in key areas. Finally, a carefully designed Brandmark marketing communications plan, outlining the tactical programs to be implemented, is developed to guide your company towards meeting its long term goals.